Kim in London

Saturday, July 30, 2005

What Time Is It?

I'm home now--back in Tennessee after what feels like the longest day of travel ever in some ways and in others, a relatively short one. Coming home on a day flight from Europe is just hell, in my opinion. It's daylight all the way, there are loud children who refuse to sleep, people don't close the window shades, sleeping messes up your nap schedule...I hate it. Right now it's almost 1 a.m. in London. I got up at 5:15 a.m. London time, which was 11 p.m. local time yesterday. I'm so screwed up right now that my brain hurts--numbers have that effect on me.

The flights were both some of the most painless I've had coming home, though. I was able to sleep and I had good books. I didn't even try to watch the movie and Delta has plenty of leg room and head room in coach. On the Atlanta to Nashville leg I splurged and spent $50 and upgraded to first class. It was nice to have a little bit more room, although I sure wouldn't pay the first class prices for those seats. It wasn't THAT much nicer for such a short flight. The biggest perk was getting off the plane in such short order.

I was greeted at the airport with flowers, which was lovely. We stopped off at the farm to see the new piglets--six of them and are now home. I've had a shower and I feel truly clean for the first time in a long time. I don't know if it was the hard water or the soap or a combination of things, but I've never felt more ookey in my life. Next time I'm packing a bar of Dial.

The little boys will be home in a bit, so I'm going to go dig out their gifts because I'm sure they'll be asking for them very shortly. We'll do dinner and then BED! Tomorrow I must unpack. Egads.

7 Comments:

  • Welcome home, Kim! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time and I really enjoyed reading all about your trip! I remember the crazy travel times coming home. We had to get up at 6:00 am to fly from Paris to London, then catch our flight from London to DC. DH picked me up, drove me the three hours back to his house, and I had dinner and passed out gifts. By the time I went to bed, it was, of course, 6:00 am Paris time. I think that was the only time I'd been awake for 24 hours straight.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at July 30, 2005 7:17 PM  

  • Travel days suck. Glad you're home safe and sound. Thank you for sharing your trip with us here!

    Rest up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 31, 2005 8:10 AM  

  • Yay. What a great experience.

    By Blogger gothmog, at July 31, 2005 2:11 PM  

  • What a fun blog! We could picture all your escapades in our head. We absolutely had a wonderful time reading about your trip and studies. We know you had a good time and we are glad you made it back safe and sound.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 3:11 PM  

  • Welcome back, Kim!

    I enjoyed reading your travelogue. Studying at and performing within The Actual Globe Theatre is a fabulous lifetime experience! Simply fabulous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 4:56 PM  

  • Which is easier to deal with, bomb scares or 2 spoiled rotten kids?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 01, 2005 8:47 PM  

  • I have so enjoyed reading about your adventures!
    Glad you are home safe!

    By Blogger Buggy, at August 08, 2005 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home