Kim in London

Friday, July 29, 2005

RenAYsance Dance

Today we spent a couple of hours learning a pavane and a pastoral dance from one of the dance masters here. I'd explain exactly what those are, but you could just go google instead and save me the time and effort.

It was funny to see us trying to be graceful and wearing capris and tennies as we listened to music from the period. I was quite proud of us by the end, though, becauase we really had it together AND there was a small group of tourists walking by the open door who stopped to watch us and they clapped and clapped for us when we were done.

The title of this post is in reference to the English pronunciation of the word Renaissance. I just love to hear them say it. It's so much prettier.

1 Comments:

  • Kim,
    I don't know if this would help or not, but when Mike and I went to Switzerland, we had to buy two big plastic crates to pack things we had bought. We went to a place somewhat like Lowes and bought the crates and duct tape. We checked them at the airport. Luckily, we got home with everything. The idea came from buying a 200.00 cuckoo clock and the asking price for shipping it home was 200.00. Hope this helps. I know you are excited to come home and enjoy teaching life again.
    MMarks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 30, 2005 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home