Kim in London

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ridiculousness

Foolishness on the Tube again as some moron have placed bombs on three trains and a bus again today, just two week after the 7/7 disaster. Thankfully it appears that there is only one injury and no serious damage from this latest act of stupidity. As you can tell, I am fine. We were in a class on Renaissance printing techniques and safely on the south side of the Thames when all this began. It has totally dashed our afternoon plans of a boat trip down to the Tate Britain, though, and I am quite peeved as a result.

Much different scenario this go 'round since I am out of the heart of the city. they've shut down central London again just to keep the swarms of people donw, but buses are still running, at least on this side. I saw one just of Blackfriars road as I made my way back to the apartment. I can hear sirens in the distance--nothing like the ear-splitting screams that were wialing outside my window just two weeks ago. I feel much safer over here--as if the river is giving me a great barrier to the evilness that seeks out the city.

I'd planned to go to the West End for a show tonight, but now I'm not sure where that stands. If the theatre district stays open, I'll probably go. If not, it looks like cards and early zzzzs here in Southwark, London, tonight.

7 Comments:

  • Thanks for letting us know you're ok!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 9:49 AM  

  • I agree with Da Moon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 10:09 AM  

  • Be safe over there, Kim, and try not to let these idiots ruin this once in a lifetime opportunity for you! I'm glad to hear you are okay, and am really enjoying reading about your escapades this summer!!

    Julie-gator

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 1:37 PM  

  • I'm so glad you are okay! Hope you get to go to the show tonight!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 2:29 PM  

  • Glad to hear you're doing so well. Even with the junk going on over there, I wish I could be there with you!
    Tina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 3:47 PM  

  • Yay! Glad to hear that you are okay!

    By Blogger Silvergirl, at July 21, 2005 5:46 PM  

  • Glad you're ok. Things here in WV are fine. Your kids are driving me nuts, but in a good way. Back to work tomorrow, so maybe I'll get some rest and relaxaion. Have fun and stay safe!!

    Shannon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 21, 2005 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home