Kim in London

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

An Actor's Life

Today was rather brutal. I'm back in my room now after a two hour rehearsal that STARTED at 11:15. It was the third one of the day. I am wiped out, but in a good way. So much to do and learn.

We rehearsed on the actual Globe stage tonight for a short while and that was really fun. It's so much smaller than you would think. The entire space is very intimate and when it is dark above, it seemed to shrink the space even more. I was suprised at how much more compact it all felt from that perspective.

We get a late start tomorrow, er, later today, thank goodness. I was going to try to do something with our free morning, but I'm going to be too tired to do much. Today we were free until noon, so I went to the British Library to see the First Folio, Guttenberg Bible, Magna Carta, Beowulf and that sort ofthing. Quite spectacular, of course. Prior to that, though, we stopped at the King's Cross Station memorial area for the bombing victims and that was quite difficult. I couldn't even go into the small fenced in area--it was just too much for me to read the small signs hanging around the perimeter. I signed the book of condolences and I think I'll try to go back there before I leave. I can't put it into words, really.

Must sleep. My knee is screaming at me to find some ice or something. I'm going to be lame for life if I don't do better.

1 Comments:

  • KIM

    JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW, I'M ENJOYING YOUR NOTES ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES IN LONDON. THIS IS THE FIRST THING I DO AT WORK EVERYDAY IS TO LOOK AND SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UP TO. GLAD YOU ARE LEARNING AND HAVING FUN
    LOVE
    AUNTIE JO ANN

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 20, 2005 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home