Kim in London

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Crises Averted

Iran has released the hostages. This is great news on a number of fronts; selfishly, I am most glad because that means I don't have to worry about some international incident causing me grief on my trip. BTDT and I don't want to try it while accompanied by other people's children.

Second, I've found my passport and have placed it securely in my underwear drawer until such time as I put it in my carry-on bag. I would have put it in the freezer (in case of fire) but I was afraid we'd have another ice-maker melt down. The lock box isn't a sure bet either, since knowing me I'd lose the key suddenly. So drawer it is.

Now, on to the next disaster-in-the-making. As of just a moment ago, the UK/US exchange rate is 1.97. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. That's obscene. Truly. I was distressed about 1.75 last time. Who knew that I would be tickled to see that number again. This means that I will be bringing back no souvenirs for anyone other than my children. They will be getting whatever free shit is in the hotel and maybe, maybe a cheap plastic toy in the .99p bin. I'm aghast. This is going to suck rocks. I'm thinking my plan to go see a play on the cheap is a no-go unless I can get tickets for about 20 pounds (need to find the pound symbol key, but I'm too lazy).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home